- Featured: Complimentary & Discount Code for RC Show – Restaurants Canada 2019; Planning for Summer Events in Riverside!
- BIA Notices/Reminders: Wine & Craft Beer Fest is Coming – Get Involved!; Filming Notification Tues Feb 19th; Get Ready for 2019 Facade Improvement Grant!.
- Riverside BIA 2019 Event Calendar
- Upcoming Riverside BIA Member Happenings
- Neighbourhood News: Mary’s Wedding Play at Streetcar Crowsnest; Changes to JHSC Certification Training!
Submit YOUR Riverside news/events via email@example.com
|Complimentary and Discount Codes for RC Show!
You’re invited to Canada’s Largest Foodservice & hospitality event!!
Take advantage of the complimentary passcode below to the upcoming Restaurants Canada Show (February 24th – 26th).
The Complimentary admission goes for only 100 guests, so register ASAP! If you’re not able to make it between the first 100 people, there is also a 50% discount code!
Register Now at rcshow.com
Complimentary Registration (Valid for 100 guests): use code RC19TABIA at checkout
50% off Registration: use code TABIA50% at checkout
|Planning Summer Events in Riverside
Two amazing festivals are coming up this summer in Riverside, and we’re inviting all businesses and community partners to get involved!!
Saturday, June 1st is the 7th Annual Riverside Eats & Beats Streetfest, happening alongside the 21th Annual Riverdale Art Walk! Get ready to taste the eats and feel the beats in Riverside’s 10 blocks along Queen St East from Davies to Empire Ave. The BIA will be hosting four exciting street closures at Broadview (south of Queen – main stage), Munro, Saulter and McGee streets. We will have a Sidewalk Sale Permit and a Noise Permit which enables Riverside businesses and organizations to get out on their sidewalk space with BBQs, live music, sidewalk promos and more.
Friday, July 5- Sunday, July 7th is the ‘Sounds of Leslieville & Riverside’, which kicks off the 31th Annual Beaches International Jazz Fest. This year’s event features main music stage in Jimmie Simpson Park, and block parties with live music on De Grassi St, Boulton Ave, and Saulter St. The Riverside BIA is again getting a Sidewalk Sale permit so Riverside business or organizations can be part of the festivities!
To get involved contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Wine & Craft Beer Fest is coming – GET INVOLVED!
Join us in this 5-day long event enjoying all that our area has to offer in terms of Wine & Beer!
Tuesday, April 2nd to Saturday, April 6th is the 5th Annual Riverside Wine & Craft Beer Fest!
Check all the fun from last year here!
It’ll be a week-long celebration of Ontario wine, local beer and Riverside businesses, featuring: Talks (April 2), Flight Night (April 3), Tasting Night Market (April 4), Prix Fixe Events (April 2-6), and the ever-popular Expo (April 6)!!
Here are ways you can get on board to make this a fabulous community event once again:
- April 2-6th: Host a prix fixe event: restaurants, bars and cafes can host special events, such as prix fixe meals or classes with wine/beer pairings. Partner up with one of your existing wine or beer reps or let us know if you need a recommendation! Let us know what you’ll be doing to be included in promotions!
- April 3th: Take part in Wednesday Flight Night – restaurants, bars and cafes can promote an existing or special flight of beer or wine as part of the festival – just let us know to be included in promotions
- April 4th: Take part in our Tasting Night Market: The BIA is looking for up to 10 shops to host free wine tastings to make up our Tasting Night Market – the BIA covers the SOP and partners you with a wine/beer provider -you provide the space and help promote and make it a welcoming atmosphere. First come first served – let us know ASAP if you’re in!
- April 6th: We are seeking pop-up food vendors for the EXPO, and also donations for our Silent Auction in support of Ralph Thornton Community Centre.
- Promote your regular specials: restaurants, bars and cafes that offer regular wine or beer specials (BYOB, 1/2 price…) can promote these as part of the festival! Just let us know!
To get involved just email email@example.com
See photos from last year’s event here!!
Message from Sinking Ship (Ghost Writer) Productions:
We’re currently in production for the children’s web series “Magnesium” in Toronto this winter/spring.
We will film a small exterior scene of our kids walking into the store from the street between 7am and 9am, we will film interior of the store for the remainder of the day, we will place LED lights on stands in front of the store windows during our interior filming. For this scene will remove some of the ice and snow from in front of the shops on both sides of 781 Queen St E on Monday February 18 between the hours of 9am and 5pm.
We will be filming interior and exterior scenes at 781 Queen St E on
Tuesday, February 19, 2019 | 7am to 8pm.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact David McIlroy, Location Manager ar 647-881-1927.
Click here to see the Full Notice.
|Get Ready for 2019 Facade Improvement Grant!Don’t forget, get your application ready NOW!!!
Don’t ever say that you didn’t know about it…
The program is first come, first served, so be ready to apply when the grant is released!
If you have any questions or need help applying, contact the BIA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-303-4484.
– 3 facade improvements, 2 quotes for each improvement
– a sketch of the new facade
– a high-resolution photo of the current facade
– proof of ownership or permission from the landlord
– heritage status of the property
– Application form
Our 2019 calendar shows an overview of what’s happening this year! Email email@example.com anytime with your questions and to get involved.
P.S. Check out our detailed Riverside Online Events Calendar which showcases BIA member and community events – to get your event posted, submit anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Application for 1151 Queen St E:
The City is holding a Community Consultation meeting where you can learn more about this application, ask questions and share your comments.
Proposal: this application proposes a 6-storey (20m plus a 3.6m mechanical penthouse) mixed-use development with retail uses at grade and 52 residential dwelling units at 1151 Queen St E.
Details as follows:
Date: Thurs, Feb 28, 2019
Place: Bruce Public School, 51 Larchmount Avenue
More info here.
Top 12 New Spots in Toronto’s East End that Opened in 2018!
Last year was loaded with new east end arrivals from neighbourhood bistros to breweries and dark and moody bars. Whether it’s cocktails and nibbles or getting treated to an amped-up look, here’s a roundup of our favourite new spots for snacking, drinking and hanging out in Toronto’s east end.
- Vatican Gift Shop
- Brickworks Cidershouse
- Black Lab Brewing
- Coffee and Clothing
- The Aviary Brew Pub
and much more… click here to see the full list and all the details!