|Will You Take Part in Riverside Eats & Beats June 1st? Let Us know by April 12!
Pls email us by APRIL 12 to get into the printed Event Guide!!!
This will get long, so pay attention!!
Riverside’s annual Eats & Beats Streetfest is coming Saturday, June 1st (1-6pm). The festivities that you know and love will be happening on the first Saturday of June within the Riverside BIA along Queen E from the DVP to Empire Avenue, alongside the Riverdale Art Walk.
As always, all local businesses and organizations are invited to open their doors and host specials, tasters, music, sidewalk sales, and/or other activities during the festival!
To be included in our printed Event Guide which goes out to 10,000 residents& businesses, let us know what you have planned for June 1st by April 12th.* Please see last year’s event guide for examples of activities to help you develop your description (or if you took part last year and are doing a repeat just email us with REPEAT).
Sat, June 1, 1-6pm
- Your Activity Name:
- Timing of Your Activity:
- Your Address:
- Description of Your Activity (1 short sentence):
- Using Your Sidewalk Space: The Riverside BIA has applied for a Sidewalk Sale permit to enable businesses and other vendors to animate the sidewalk space along Queen Street East, from the DVP to Empire Avenue. You must maintain a minimum clearance of 2.13 m from the face of the curb for the unimpeded passage of pedestrian traffic, or to a greater distance as may be directed by staff from Transportation Services.
- Outdoor Food Tasters: If providing food/drink outdoors you must complete and abide by Toronto Public Health Form pg 2-5 (pls email completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by MAY 17th and we will submit).
- Hosting Live Music: The BIA has applied for a Noise Exemption permit for the hours of 1pm to 6pm on June 2nd. You can host your own live music (or DJ’d music) from your storefront or on your sidewalk space (abiding by the Sidewalk Permit rules above).
- Street Closures: The BIA has applied for partial street closure permits for: Carrol (north of WQueen to the laneway), Munro (north of Queen), Broadview (South of Queen to the laneway), Saulter (south of Queen to the laneway), and McGee (south of Queen to the laneway); NOTE: Queen Street East will remain open to vehicle traffic throughout the festival.