Dear Riverside BIA Members,
Here is the latest to help keep the Riverside BIA community informed. Previous editions of Riverside BIA E-news here.
- Toronto Moving into Stage 3 on July 31: Resources for Businesses
- Update on Virtual Events & Online Marketplace for Riverside BIA Members
- CafeTO/ Outdoor Patios Update for Riverside BIA Members
- Reminder: Group PPE Rate For Riverside BIA Members & Request Your FREE Member Care Kit
- Business Grants & Other Opportunities Available
- Featured Riverside Businesses
TORONTO MOVING INTO STAGE 3 ON JULY 31st – RESOURCES FOR BUSINESSES
Today, the Ontario Government announced that Toronto will be moving forward to Stage 3 in the Province’s re-opening plan this Friday, July 31. For businesses, this includes establishments such as: facilities for sports and recreational fitness; fitting rooms in retail settings; live shows, personal care services; and restaurants, bars and nightclubs for the purpose of seated indoor dining. Please read the Province’s Phase 3 Re-Opening Framework to learn more specifically about what businesses and aspects of business are able to re-open in Phase 3.
The Provincial announcement today stated: “In Stage 3, gathering limits will increase to a maximum of 50 people indoors and a maximum of 100 people outdoors, with physical distancing in place. Gathering limits apply to all social gatherings and events, as well as some higher risk activities and venues. Gathering limits do not apply to settings such as restaurants and bars, however these settings must be configured so that patrons seated at different tables are separated by a distance of at least two metres, plexiglass or some other impermeable barrier.”
In preparation for this transition, Toronto City Council has approved a series of temporary provisions from Toronto’s Medical Officer of Health, which set out additional public health and safety measures in order to prevent a spike or new increase in COVID-19 cases, with a focus on ‘Food & Drink Establishments’ and seating requirements, maintaining and storing client logs, screening protocols and face coverings. Please read those provisions here.
QUICK RESOURCES FOR STAGE 3:
- For reopening info go to Ontario.ca/reopen and find sector-specific guidance at Ontario.ca/COVIDsafety
- Stage 3 Questions? call the Stop the Spread Business Information Line at 1-888-444-3659, or try the Free Hotline to Contact a WSPS Health & Safety Consultant 1-877-494-WSPS (9777)
- Need PPE? As a Riverside BIA member, enjoy PPE Group Rates and delivery with Evrlinx – ORDER by Thursdays to get your PPE delivered the following Thursday. Riverside BIA members are also able to access a free initial Care Kit of PPE and signage – get yours by replying to this email!
- Will your business still not be able to open or resume full activities due to Stage 3 restrictions? Visit Ontario.ca/reopen to submit a reopening proposal.
Workplaces and businesses can help make Stage 3 a success by developing a COVID-19 safety plan and that includes:
- Enabling physical distancing by redesigning spaces/interactions and implementing flow management
- Cleaning and disinfecting equipment and high-touch surfaces as frequently as is necessary to maintain a sanitary environment
- Consider recording each patron’s name and contact information to support effective contact tracing that helps keep everyone safe
- Consider requiring all customers to book an appointment in advance, wherever possible, for the purposes of physical distancing, flow management and contact tracing
- Assigning seating or spaces where possible to ensure physical distancing
- Following sector-specific workplace safety guidance and tips available at Ontario.ca/COVIDsafety
UPDATE ON VIRTUAL EVENTS & ONLINE MARKETPLACE FOR RIVERSIDE BIA MEMBERS
The Riverside Business Improvement Area (BIA) supports its 100+ business members located along Queen Street East from Davies Avenue to Empire Avenue through initiatives to attract people to shop, dine and enjoy Riverside. To help improve resiliency and recovery from the pandemic, we are developing and testing a Riverside BIA Virtual Events Space and an Online Marketplace for YOU, our Riverside business members. This project is possible thanks to the City of Toronto BIA Office Innovation Grant.
The Riverside Online Marketplace is in development and will be launching soon! Our first phase has been to add members who already have online stores and to link to your existing stores – if you have an online store and have not yet received an email from us – please contact is at email@example.com.
We are also planning a to host Virtual Riverside Events, starting with a ‘Riverside Eats’ event for late-August, and will be reaching out shortly by email to invite member participation – stay tuned!
If you have not yet done so, please take our survey to help understand your interest and ‘wishlist’ of desired features for the platforms we are developing. TAKE THE SURVEY
If you would like to get involved in the Marketplace and/or collaborate on Virtual events please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 416-466-8167
CAFETO/ OUTDOOR PATIOS UPDATE FOR RIVERSIDE BIA MEMBERS
It’s been over a month now that the Riverside BIA CafeTO program has been running with the goal of supporting all local businesses by driving increased foot traffic to the neighbourhood and specifically provide more outdoor dining areas to help restaurants and bars create physical distancing for patrons on outdoor patios during the summer/early fall months.
The program was officially launched in Riverside with Mayor Tory at Eastbound Brewery on July 1 and 14 participating establishments have since set up patios within the seven curblane closures in our BIA to date, with more to come. These closures will be in place until the program ends in November 2020. If you are looking for more information or if you have questions or concerns at any time about the CafeTO program and how we can improve it in Riverside, please contact our office at 416-466-8167 or email@example.com.
We are promoting these new patios along with all of the incredible built in patios at local restaurants, bars and cafes. Did you know there are over 20 amazing patios in Riverside?
SEE MAP OF PATIOS OPERATING IN RIVERSIDE (UPDATED REGULARLY)
REMINDER: GROUP PPE RATE FOR RIVERSIDE BIA MEMBERS &
REQUEST YOUR FREE MEMBER CARE KIT
Riverside BIA is working with Evrlinx to help provide you with a stable, affordable, Canadian-made source of high quality PPE. Please choose ‘Riverside’ on the Drop-down menu. Orders made by Thursdays at 11:59pm will be delivered by the following Thursday. If you need advice or are looking for additional equipment for purchase, Evrlinx offers free 10-15 min phone consultation: T: (613) 659 – 3604, firstname.lastname@example.org
ORDER NOW: https://www.evrlinx.com/bia
Reminder: FREE Riverside BIA Member Care Kit: IF YOU HAVE NOT YET got your Free Riverside BIA Member Care Kit, please REPLY TO THIS EMAIL to arrange drop off or pick up. This free one-time kit includes PPE: a box of civilian masks, 2 face shields, 2 pump hand sanitizers, box of gloves, a variety of social distancing, etc floor stickers, and useful public health signage.
BUSINESS GRANTS/RESOURCES AVAILABLE
FEATURED RIVERSIDE BUSINESSES
Many of Riverside’s food establishments, shops and services are re-opened, check out the Riverside BIA COVID-19 Google Map
and see featured businesses below:
As part of the ‘Riverside BIA 40 Years, 40 Stories’ series, we are recognizing and celebrating the amazing contributions of Riverside business owners and leaders Nell Bradshaw and Natasha Varjacic a. Get to know them and read their story:
Welcome to the Riverside BIA Punjabi By Nature
! They are located at 782 Queen Street East: