Matt & Ben and the rest of the team at RE/MAX Hallmark Realty have been the top team in Leslieville, Riverside,Riverdale, The Pocket, and East York for years!
How do you choose a real estate agent? What other considerations are there?
The real estate market in Leslieville is a very competitive place. There are many real estate agents who would love to earn your business. So how do you choose the right one? Well, I am here to tell you that it is not always an easy task!
Why Choose a Local Real Estate Agent?
We all want to buy the best home for our money and get the most out of our investment. A local real estate agent is an invaluable resource in this regard because they can help you find the home you’ve been dreaming about—one that is perfect for your family, and in an area with good schools, plenty of parks and other amenities, and a vibrant community. Local agents also know which areas have great resale value so that when it’s time to sell your home, you’ll get a fair price for it. Plus, they know what kinds of homes are available on the market right now so that when it’s time to move again (because let’s be honest—it happens), you don’t waste time looking at properties that aren’t right for you. If you are selling it’s imperative to have an agent that knows the leslieville market so you can form a selling strategy that is effective – real estate is a local business!
The best real estate agent for you is one who offers local expertise and a good experience.
A good real estate agent is one who has local expertise, a great experience, and a commitment to providing you with the best possible experience. They should be able to help you achieve your goals and work well with other agents.
A great real estate agent will be able to help you find the right property for your needs.
Steps to Find the Right Real Estate Agent
- Analyze the agent’s website and social media presence.
- Provide the agent with a list of your goals.
- Request to meet for an interview.
- Interview multiple agents (and don’t forget to ask them any questions you may have).
- Ask Your Friends that live in Leslieville
Provide the Agent with a List of Your Goals
It’s time to get down to brass tacks, so let’s talk about goals. This is the part where you tell me what’s important to you and what your ideal house would look like.
I’m looking for specifics here: size, location and price range are all good things to have down pat. But don’t forget that there’s more than one way of skinning a cat — if there’s anything else that matters above all else (like proximity to a specific school or subway stop), then make sure to include that as well.
The most important thing here is being realistic: no matter how much you love your dream home, if it doesn’t fit within your budget then it won’t work out for you. It can be tempting when talking about houses with an agent or even just dreaming about them as we walk past them on our way home from work every day after glancing at listings online during lunch break—but try not to go overboard! Just because something looks amazing doesn’t mean it should be your first choice; instead, think long term and consider whether this particular property is something that would fit into your lifestyle over the next decade or two.
Request to Meet for an Interview
Now that you’ve found a real estate agent, it’s time to meet them in person. You want to make sure the right person is handling this transaction and that they can give you an honest opinion about how to proceed.
Here are some questions you should ask any potential real estate agent in Toronto:
- What experience do you have with similar properties like mine? How long have you been selling homes in this area/subdivision/neighbourhood? Do you work individually or as a real estate team? Why?
- If I was still living in the house myself, what would be the best way for me to go about getting things ready for showings or open houses at all times without inconveniencing myself (and potentially my neighbours) too much?
- Do we need an inspector involved before showing potential buyers around our place?
- What strategy would you take to sell my home?
- Can you provide me a list of homes like mine that you have sold like the one im selling or buying?
- Where does your team rank in yearly sales in the neighbourhood?
- Can you provide me with a written proposal?
Leslieville continues to be an amazing place to live. Join us!
If you are looking for a neighbourhood in Toronto that is vibrant, supportive and friendly, then Leslieville and it’s surrounding areas is the place for you. This neighbourhood continues to be one of the most sought-after neighbourhoods in Toronto because of its proximity to downtown as well as being close to great schools, public transit, bars, restaurants, cafes and more!